Our physical therapy clients are taught exercises specific to their condition, with all exercises tailored to an individual’s abilities and restrictions. Our therapists are aware of any precautions and contraindications associated with various injuries, surgeries, and conditions. To continue the healing process, we will develop a custom home exercise program specific to your needs.
Stretching exercises are provided to relax muscles, increase flexibility, improve range of motion, decrease pain, and thereby improve function.
Strengthening exercises are also taught to clients to improve muscle strength and function, emphasizing proper technique and posturing . Various forms of exercise can be taught depending on your ability and condition:
- Isometric exercises are performed while contracting specific muscles without movement
- Isotonic exercises strengthen muscles while maintaining consistent muscle tone
- Resistance exercises focus on improving muscle strength
- Core exercises focus on strengthening the core muscles (i.e. transverse abdominus, multifidus)
- Balance exercises are essential in retraining your joint proprioceptors after any injury, post surgery, or with certain conditions such as multiple sclerosis.