With the warmer weather (finally!) many of you are getting back into running and walking outdoors. So this month’s topic discusses a common cause for heel and arch pain – plantar fasciitis, which is inflammation of the thick ligamentous tissue which starts at the heel of the foot and fans out to the base of the toes.
– Dull pain to the heel of your foot and into the arch
– Pain is worse and often sharp after sleep or rest and subsides after walking a few minutes
– Pain may increase with a full day of being on your feet
– Symptoms usually start in one foot and can move to the other due to limping/compensating
– Poor/improper footwear
– Increased standing, walking, or activity level
– Walking/standing on hard surfaces
– Running hills or on soft terrain (sand)
– Genetics: pronated feet or a high rigid arch
– Heel spurs
– Increased age or weight
The good news is that plantar fasciitis is completely treatable and curable.
We will help settle the inflammation, release active triggers in your muscles and plantar fascia, assess and treat for any joint stiffness, as well as recommend proper footwear for your feet. We also carry a wide range of Superfeet insoles that can fit into your regular footwear to provide heel and arch support.
These insoles are an affordable and effective option as most people do not require custom orthotics for proper support.
If you have any questions or would like to book an appointment, please contact one of our clinics today!